Around 100 female workers at a garment factory who fainted earlier this week due to a gas leak from a neighbouring factory in the southern province of Dong Nai, Vietnam, have been released from hospital.

The workers from Asia Garment in the Amata Industrial Zone, were hospitalised in Monday (25 May) afternoon after being exposed to a toxic gas from a neighbouring frozen food manufacturer, according to local reports.

The company was reported to be installing a new ammonia condensing system at its factory.

Many of the workers, who were taken to Dong Nai General Hospital, had breathing difficulties and were vomiting. They were released on Tuesday in good condition, Viet Nam News reported.