NORWAY: Viking Centralises Operations In Norway
Viking Fottøy A.S. is now centralising operations to headquarters in Norway. Viking, which bought the Danish company Herold Halle in 1991, has also represented Kangaroos in Scandinavia and the Baltic States. Viking's subsidiaries outside Norway will therefore become pure sales offices. "The intention is to be more efficient and create synergy within the Viking Group. At the same time we will have a Centre of Excellence which centralises product development and marketing. It will encourage creativity, as well as creating strong concepts," said the new Kangaroos director, Alf Morten Bakken.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar