VIETNAM: Vinatex extends deadline for IPO
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has extended the date for its initial public offering by two months to give investors more time to evaluate the firm's performance.
The Hanoi-based company said the company's Prime Minister has approved the extension. The decision was made following two roadshows held this month, during which the company exchanged and received feedback from investors.
The original date for the IPO was set for 22 July. The new deadline for deposit will now be 12 September and the auction will take place on 22 September.
It will offer 24.46% of the company, or 122m shares, at a starting price of VND11,000 (US$0.52) per share.
Vintex noted that 24% would be sold to investors, and 0.46% to employees. The state will retain 51%.
The company will likely list in three years as the process in Vietnam can take longer, with an IPO and listing two separate processes.
Vinatex may also be hoping the IPO will accede with the agreement of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which has been under negotiation for five years.
Once approved, it will make Vietnamese garments more competitive than those of China, where Vinatex currently imports a lot of its materials.
Vietnam's textile industry produces for over 50 countries around the world, with the US its largest export market after China.
The country is one of 12 negotiating the TPP trade agreement. Its implementation is expected to boost exports.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020