VIETNAM: Vinatex invests $104m in vertical garment complex
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) plans to start construction of a new VND2.2 trillion (US$104m) vertical textile and garment complex at the end of the first quarter of 2014.
The facility in An Lao district, near the northern city of Hai Phong, will include spinning, dyeing and garment manufacturing, as well as wastewater treatment.
According to Hoang Ve Dung, deputy general director of Vinatex, the complex will realise a goal of self-reliance in garment production, covering everything from fibre production, spinning and dyeing through to the finished garment.
Once operational, the complex will employ around 5,000 workers and is expected to earn $54m in export revenues in the first year.
In mid-August last year, Vinatex started construction of a VND258bn spinning plant in Phu Bai industrial zone in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue, with 21,600 spindles.
Vinatex is one of Asia's largest garment groups, consisting of almost 120 subsidiaries and joint ventures across the entire textile manufacturing industry.
Vietnam's garment and textile export turnover is likely to reach US$24.5bn in 2014, an increase of over 19% on last year - and the largest rise in three years - new figures show....
Apparel specialist retailers witnessed a current value decline of 6% from 2011 to reach sales of below VND23 trillion in 2012. Decline was due to the economic slowdown. In 2012, the Vietnamese economy...
Vietnam's textile and garment exports are continuing to surge as both producers and buyers diversify their supply chains....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Kohl's reverses five-quarter slump in Q4
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead