VIETNAM: Vinatex invests $104m in vertical garment complex
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) plans to start construction of a new VND2.2 trillion (US$104m) vertical textile and garment complex at the end of the first quarter of 2014.
The facility in An Lao district, near the northern city of Hai Phong, will include spinning, dyeing and garment manufacturing, as well as wastewater treatment.
According to Hoang Ve Dung, deputy general director of Vinatex, the complex will realise a goal of self-reliance in garment production, covering everything from fibre production, spinning and dyeing through to the finished garment.
Once operational, the complex will employ around 5,000 workers and is expected to earn $54m in export revenues in the first year.
In mid-August last year, Vinatex started construction of a VND258bn spinning plant in Phu Bai industrial zone in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue, with 21,600 spindles.
Vinatex is one of Asia's largest garment groups, consisting of almost 120 subsidiaries and joint ventures across the entire textile manufacturing industry.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Vietnam's garment and textile export turnover is likely to reach US$24.5bn in 2014, an increase of over 19% on last year - and the largest rise in three years - new figures show....
Vietnam's textile and garment exports are continuing to surge as both producers and buyers diversify their supply chains....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects