VIETNAM: Vinatex opens first high-quality suit plant
Retailers including Marks & Spencer and C&A are among customers of a new suit plant that has just opened in Vietnam, which is also said to be the country's first high quality suit factory.
The Vietnam National Textile and Apparel Group (Vinatex) inaugurated the facility on Saturday (10 April) in Hai Phong city after more than two years of construction.
The Hai Phong High-quality Veston Suit plant is a VND101.3bn (US$5.3m) investment equipped with German and Japanese technologies.
Mr Le Quoc An, president of Vinatex and chairman of the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (Vitas), said the investment is a step in increasing the added value of Vietnam's textile and garment products.
The key product is men's suits, and outsourcing contracts have also been signed with Japanese brands Giannivalentino, Christianorani, Mitsui and Oktava.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Perhaps the most striking aspect of Marks & Spencer's second quarter sales figures was not so much their strength as the company's keen desire to manage expectations for the rest of the year....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' September 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Two of the apparel industry's leading suppliers say they intend to increase their sourcing from China in the coming year, despite seeing an end to the days when the country could be counted on for its...
India's booming fashion market has encouraged international brands to change their strategy and start sourcing garments from local manufacturers to meet domestic demand....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
Online auction site and retailer Ebay has rolled out "significant changes" to its fashion homepage designed to help seller listings. ...
Retailer Marks & Spencer posted a 6.5% sales rise in the three months to 2 October as it outperformed the UK clothing market with a 7.8% sales increase....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts