VIETNAM: Vinatex Plans $27.5m Spinning Factory
The Vietnam Textile and garments Corp (Vinatex) has drawn up a plan to build a VND 400bn (about US$ 27.5m) spinning factory in Thua Thien-Hue, the Vietnam New Service reported today. The 50,000-spin factory, to be built in Phu Bai Industrial Park, some 10km south of Hue, will produce 2,000 tonnes of yarn per year. Most of the factory 's products will be supplied to Vinatex 's textile mills in the central provinces, but some will be exported to Taiwan and Japan.Thua Thien-Hue already has a spinning factory in the province 's Huong Thuy District. The ground breaking ceremony for construction of the new spinning factory is scheduled to take place in December of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts