VIETNAM: Vinatex Plans $27.5m Spinning Factory
The Vietnam Textile and garments Corp (Vinatex) has drawn up a plan to build a VND 400bn (about US$ 27.5m) spinning factory in Thua Thien-Hue, the Vietnam New Service reported today. The 50,000-spin factory, to be built in Phu Bai Industrial Park, some 10km south of Hue, will produce 2,000 tonnes of yarn per year. Most of the factory 's products will be supplied to Vinatex 's textile mills in the central provinces, but some will be exported to Taiwan and Japan.Thua Thien-Hue already has a spinning factory in the province 's Huong Thuy District. The ground breaking ceremony for construction of the new spinning factory is scheduled to take place in December of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022