USA: Viren Named R.G. Barry Senior VP Finance & CFO
Gordon Zacks, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of R.G. Barry Corporation (NYSE: RGB), has named Daniel D. Viren Senior Vice President-Finance and Chief Financial Officer of the Company.Mr. Viren, 53, returns to the Ohio-based slippermaker where he held various executive financial positions from 1988 until leaving last year to become Chief Financial Officer of Dublin, Ohio-based Metatec International. He replaces R.G. Barry Senior Vice President-Finance and Chief Financial Officer Richard L. Burrell who is retiring September 1, 2000, after 33 years with the Company."We are quite pleased Dan is returning. We feel he not only is the best candidate, but he returns to us as a proven and respected member of our senior management team. He knows our business, our people and what is needed for our future success. We think the transition between CFOs will be a seamless one," Mr. Zacks said."Dick's contributions to R.G. Barry during the past 33 years are too numerous to mention. Most recently, he has played a principal role in setting us on a course back toward sustained, profitable growth. He has been my close Associate and a great friend, and I'm sure I speak for all of our Associates when I say he will be missed."Viren will assume his new position by July 1.R.G. Barry Corporation is the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of at-and-around-the-home comfort footwear. The Company also makes and sells thermal retention technology commercial and consumer products. To learn more about its businesses, visit the R.G. Barry Corporation's Web sites at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022