INDIA: Virudhunagar Posts FY Profit Slump
The company, part of the Madurai-based Thiagarajar group, also reported a fall in net profit for the year to INR54.8m, down from INR99.1m in the previous fiscal year.
Total sales for the year, however, rose five per cent to INR1.09 billion, up from INR1.03bn in the prior 12-month period.
According to a company statement, the impact of the strong rupee against the United States dollar affected exports for the year, which had a negative impact on profit.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts