FRANCE: Vivarte H1 Profit Plummets To EUR4.7m
The company attributed the decline to an exceptional charge of EUR16.4m incurred during the six-month period, which included costs associated with restructuring and depreciating inventories, and a EUR12.7m writing-down in the value of its Kookai fashion chain.
Despite the downturn, Vivarte reported a three per cent year-on-year rise in revenue to EUR938m for the half, along with a two per cent year-on-year increase in operating profit to EUR67.5m.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report