SWITZERLAND: Voegele H1 Profit Falls, Confirms FY Targets
First-half profit at Charles Voegele dropped to 6.1 million Swiss francs from 17.3 million in the first half of last year the Swiss fashion retailer said yesterday.
Turnover fell more than 9 per cent to 636.3 million, while earnings before interest and tax were down to 21.0 million francs from 49.6 million in the same period last year.
However Voegele, which has almost 800 branches and some 8,000 staff in Switzerland, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands, confirmed its 2004 targets for operating earnings of 100 million to 130 million francs for the full year.
"Sales may also continue to fall, though probably not as accentuated as in the first six months," said the company.
Voegele also said it planned to expand into new countries such as Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary by 2006.
Companies: Charles Vögele Group
Clothing retailer Charles Voegele Holding AG has reported a bigger-than-expected first-half net profit after boosting its product range and deploying cost-cutting measures....
Clothing retailer Charles Voegele Holding AG has named Thomas Huwiler as head of menswear, accessories, underwear, children's wear and sportswear operations....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack