SWITZERLAND: Voegele Profit Dives To CHF1m In 2001
The company said it would not pay a dividend.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation fell to 127 million francs from 206 million. But gross sales rose 16 per cent to 1.86 billion francs and the number of stores it operates across Europe grew by 168 to 744, due in part to acquisitions, it said in a statement.
Voegele said it expects net and operating profit to "grow substantially" in 2002 on the back of a new strategy, which is expected to improve inventory management, among other things.
The company said: "The growth rate in 2002 will be reduced in favour of a consolidation of the existing store network and the selective development of new locations." By the end of the year the number of stores will have grown by around 50 to some 800.
In 2001, the company opened 65 new stores in its main markets of Switzerland, Germany and Austria. The group also acquired Dutch Kien Group, leading to more than 100 shop openings in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Companies: Charles Vögele Group
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing retailer Charles Voegele Holding AG has reported a bigger-than-expected first-half net profit after boosting its product range and deploying cost-cutting measures....
Clothing retailer Charles Voegele Holding AG has named Thomas Huwiler as head of menswear, accessories, underwear, children's wear and sportswear operations....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022