US: Voith to head Golf and Sportswear at Perry Ellis
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International has promoted John ('Jack') Voith to the post of president of its golf and sportswear division.
Voith joined Perry Ellis in 2000, most recently serving as executive vice president of the sportswear division.
Previous roles were at Phillips Van Heusen & Arrow Shirt Co, where he served as EVP of sportswear within both organisations.
"Jack's extensive industry experience, leadership and managerial insights have been instrumental in growing our golf and Hispanic platforms from niche businesses to a division of over $150m in sales," said Oscar Feldenkreis, president and COO of Perry Ellis International.
"With the recent addition of the Callaway Golf brand for apparel, these businesses have emerged as key growth areas for our success."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In the fickle world of fashion, brands fall in and out of style with alarming regularity. Driven by the relentless quest for what's new, different or improved, shoppers are erratic in their loyalties ...
Launched as a men's wear brand in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger has weathered a series of ups and downs over the last 25 years - culminating in today's announcement that it is to be sold to US apparel firm Phi...
Clothing giant Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH) has much to gain through this week's acquisition of fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger, but the EUR2.2bn (US$3bn) price tag will take some funding - a fact that hasn...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) recorded a fourth quarter profit of US$27m, thanks to better than expected revenue growth for the company's Calvin Klein brand....
Apparel company Perry Ellis International has swung into profit for the full fiscal year, buoyed by improved margins that offset lower FY sales....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts