US: Voith to head Golf and Sportswear at Perry Ellis
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International has promoted John ('Jack') Voith to the post of president of its golf and sportswear division.
Voith joined Perry Ellis in 2000, most recently serving as executive vice president of the sportswear division.
Previous roles were at Phillips Van Heusen & Arrow Shirt Co, where he served as EVP of sportswear within both organisations.
"Jack's extensive industry experience, leadership and managerial insights have been instrumental in growing our golf and Hispanic platforms from niche businesses to a division of over $150m in sales," said Oscar Feldenkreis, president and COO of Perry Ellis International.
"With the recent addition of the Callaway Golf brand for apparel, these businesses have emerged as key growth areas for our success."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In the fickle world of fashion, brands fall in and out of style with alarming regularity. Driven by the relentless quest for what's new, different or improved, shoppers are erratic in their loyalties ...
Launched as a men's wear brand in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger has weathered a series of ups and downs over the last 25 years - culminating in today's announcement that it is to be sold to US apparel firm Phi...
Clothing giant Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH) has much to gain through this week's acquisition of fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger, but the EUR2.2bn (US$3bn) price tag will take some funding - a fact that hasn...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) recorded a fourth quarter profit of US$27m, thanks to better than expected revenue growth for the company's Calvin Klein brand....
Apparel company Perry Ellis International has swung into profit for the full fiscal year, buoyed by improved margins that offset lower FY sales....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016