US: Volcom appoints CEO of Volcom Australia
US apparel firm Volcom has announced that Dougall Walker has joined the company as chief executive officer of Volcom Australia.
Most recently, Walker was the co-founder and director of Australia-based Firewire Surfboards Limited, where he developed and helped implement key brand and operational strategies since 2005. Prior to this, he spent 18 years with Billabong International, last serving as general manager of Australasia.
“An industry veteran, Dougall is a great addition to the Volcom Australia team,” said Richard Woolcott, Volcom’s chairman and chief executive officer. “His passion and enthusiasm is very motivating, and we look forward to working with him as he leads our many growth initiatives in the region. Dougall assumes the role from John who has done a good job building the brand, and has helped to set a solid foundation from which to move forward. John’s decision to return to New Zealand provides us with an opportunity to put his many talents to work as we also grow that territory.”
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020