US: Volcom appoints CEO of Volcom Australia
US apparel firm Volcom has announced that Dougall Walker has joined the company as chief executive officer of Volcom Australia.
Most recently, Walker was the co-founder and director of Australia-based Firewire Surfboards Limited, where he developed and helped implement key brand and operational strategies since 2005. Prior to this, he spent 18 years with Billabong International, last serving as general manager of Australasia.
“An industry veteran, Dougall is a great addition to the Volcom Australia team,” said Richard Woolcott, Volcom’s chairman and chief executive officer. “His passion and enthusiasm is very motivating, and we look forward to working with him as he leads our many growth initiatives in the region. Dougall assumes the role from John who has done a good job building the brand, and has helped to set a solid foundation from which to move forward. John’s decision to return to New Zealand provides us with an opportunity to put his many talents to work as we also grow that territory.”
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019