US: Volcom appoints CEO of Volcom Australia
US apparel firm Volcom has announced that Dougall Walker has joined the company as chief executive officer of Volcom Australia.
Most recently, Walker was the co-founder and director of Australia-based Firewire Surfboards Limited, where he developed and helped implement key brand and operational strategies since 2005. Prior to this, he spent 18 years with Billabong International, last serving as general manager of Australasia.
“An industry veteran, Dougall is a great addition to the Volcom Australia team,” said Richard Woolcott, Volcom’s chairman and chief executive officer. “His passion and enthusiasm is very motivating, and we look forward to working with him as he leads our many growth initiatives in the region. Dougall assumes the role from John who has done a good job building the brand, and has helped to set a solid foundation from which to move forward. John’s decision to return to New Zealand provides us with an opportunity to put his many talents to work as we also grow that territory.”
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019