US: Volcom appoints CEO of Volcom Australia
US apparel firm Volcom has announced that Dougall Walker has joined the company as chief executive officer of Volcom Australia.
Most recently, Walker was the co-founder and director of Australia-based Firewire Surfboards Limited, where he developed and helped implement key brand and operational strategies since 2005. Prior to this, he spent 18 years with Billabong International, last serving as general manager of Australasia.
“An industry veteran, Dougall is a great addition to the Volcom Australia team,” said Richard Woolcott, Volcom’s chairman and chief executive officer. “His passion and enthusiasm is very motivating, and we look forward to working with him as he leads our many growth initiatives in the region. Dougall assumes the role from John who has done a good job building the brand, and has helped to set a solid foundation from which to move forward. John’s decision to return to New Zealand provides us with an opportunity to put his many talents to work as we also grow that territory.”
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket