US: Volcom appoints CEO of Volcom Australia
US apparel firm Volcom has announced that Dougall Walker has joined the company as chief executive officer of Volcom Australia.
Most recently, Walker was the co-founder and director of Australia-based Firewire Surfboards Limited, where he developed and helped implement key brand and operational strategies since 2005. Prior to this, he spent 18 years with Billabong International, last serving as general manager of Australasia.
“An industry veteran, Dougall is a great addition to the Volcom Australia team,” said Richard Woolcott, Volcom’s chairman and chief executive officer. “His passion and enthusiasm is very motivating, and we look forward to working with him as he leads our many growth initiatives in the region. Dougall assumes the role from John who has done a good job building the brand, and has helped to set a solid foundation from which to move forward. John’s decision to return to New Zealand provides us with an opportunity to put his many talents to work as we also grow that territory.”
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange