VIETNAM: VTEC Wins Government Labour Award
Viet Tien Garment Export and Import Co. (VTEC) affiliated to Vietnam Textile-Garment Corp yesterday received a Labour Hero award issued by the State President, the Saigon Times Daily reported.General Director Tran Dac Nguyen said that VTEC staff had earned the award over the past ten years. The company's production value had grown from VND5.84bn with 3.42 million products, to VND92.82bn with 24.27 million products last year. Its profits also increased from VND1.14bn to VND27.6bn in the period.The company also spent VND170bn upgrading equipment and expanding workshops in the period, including VND127.4bn paid out between 1995 and last year alone.Nguyen Dinh Truong, deputy general director in charge of sales, said currently VTEC exported 90 per cent of its products to Europe and Japan, bringing in US$16m per year on average.The company also obtained VND1.5bn per month on average from domestic sales, via 60 outlets across the country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar