Wacoal Europe CEO Lewis to step down
Tracy Lewis, CEO of global lingerie business Wacoal Europe, is to step down after 11 years at the helm.
Lewis, who has been with the company for 13 years in total, will step down at the end of March. She will be succeeded by finance director Geoff Embley, who has been with the company since 2006. Lewis will support the transition for a short period following the handover in an advisory capacity.
During her tenure, Lewis oversaw the sale of the previously named Eveden Group to the Japanese owned Wacoal Group in 2012.
Wacoal Europe also expanded from being a UK-centric to an export-led supplier, opening offices in the US, Australia and across Europe, trebling turnover as a result.
This was followed by the integration of Wacoal Group's existing European subsidiaries into Wacoal Europe and the start of the design of Wacoal branded product, in addition to Wacoal Europe's portfolio of lingerie and swim brands such as Fantasie, Freya, Elomi, Goddess and Huit.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar