JAPAN: Wacoal, Itochu Sign La Perla Lingerie Deal
Women's underwear manufacturer Wacoal and trading house Itochu Corp have signed a deal with luxury underwear manufacturer Gruppo La Perla to market La Perla-band products in Japan.
Under the terms of the agreement, Wacoal will sell La Perla underwear and swimwear items in Japan, while Itochu has obtained the exclusive right to import the products.
Wacoal expects to achieve first-year retail sales of the La Perla line totalling one billion yen.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts