US: Wagner joins The Talbots in new marketing role
In a newly-created role, Wagner will oversee all advertising, catalogue development and direct marketing for Talbots, as part of the company's strategy to reinvigorate the brand.
Wagner has more than 15 years' marketing and brand-building experience in the speciality retail sector, most recently as chief marketing officer of Nike division Cole Haan.
She will report to Talbots president and CEO Trudy Sullivan as chief marketing officer of Talbots; and to Talbots COO Phil Kowalczyk as head of Talbots direct business.
"Today's appointment reflects our commitment to revitalise and elevate our core Talbots brand," said Sullivan.
"We are thrilled to welcome Lori on board, and believe she can introduce excitement and innovation to our marketing strategies that will refresh and solidify the image of this iconic brand."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women’s wear retailer The Talbots Inc is in the midst of a major turnaround aimed at slashing costs by $100m by the end of next year and restoring its business to profitable growth. Earlier this month...
As the start of this summer's Beijing Olympics attracts around four billion onlookers from over 200 countries, leading brands are tussling for the inside lane and marketing gold. Joe Ayling reports on...
Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Ltd, the world's biggest manufacturer of athletic footwear, reported monthly sales of US$421m in August, down 5.4% on last year....
Footwear, apparel and accessories marketer Cole Haan is to launch a new sporting collection fronted by tennis champion Maria Sharapova....
Sporting goods firm Adidas Group and the Russian Football Union (RFU) have confirmed that Adidas will take over from Nike as Russia's football kit sponsor....
German sportswear giant Adidas Group will next week announce a sponsorship deal with the Russian Football Union (RFU), it has been reported....
US clothing retailer The Talbots said its net loss for the second quarter was US$25m, compared to $13.3m for the same period last year, as it continued to struggle against restructuring charges....
Nike has opened its first Nike Sportswear retail store where customers can access the best of its collection in one location, as well as a new service that lets them create customised footwear product...
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022