JAPAN: Wal-Mart after Daiei tie-up?
Number-one world retailer Wal-Mart has submitted a bid to set up a new business with struggling Japanese retailer Daiei, reported Kyodo News Agency.
Japanese retailer Aeon has submitted a rival bid, the report said, citing unidentified people familiar with the matter.
Daiei said on Monday it was considering a real estate sale as it strives to better its financial books.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Thanh Cong Textile & Garment Joint Stock Co (TCM) has signed a contract to supply 1 million fashion items to US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores....
Wal-Mart Stores said Monday (26 February) that it had acquired a 35% interest in Bounteous Company Ltd, which operates 101 Trust-Mart hypermarkets in 34 cities in China....
Iconix Brand Group has agreed to purchase the Danskin line of women's active wear, leg wear, dance wear, yoga apparel and fitness equipment for US$70m....
The world's largest retailer exceeded analysts' consensus earnings estimates in its fourth quarter, allowing it to post yet another year of record sales and earnings....
Apparel zipper and trim manufacturer Tag-It Pacific has opened a second Chinese-based office for its Talon zipper brand....
Wal-Mart Stores has selected Cleveland as a "Wal-Mart Jobs and Opportunity Zone" and vowed to support the region's local businesses through in-store and newspaper adverts and funding for local chamber...
Wal-Mart Stores has promoted Raul Vazquez to president and chief executive officer of Walmart.com. He succeeds Carter Cast, who has been named to lead US business strategy for the company....
The world's largest retailer Wal-Mart has told just-style's sister site just-food that while it is watching the Russian retail market with interest, it does not currently have any plans to enter the s...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report