US: Wal-Mart appoints new Asda CEO
Wal-Mart names Clarke Asda CEO
Andy Clarke has been appointed to the role of president and CEO of UK supermarket chain Asda.
Clarke steps up from his role as chief operating officer of the Wal-Mart subsidiary to replace Andy Bond.
He will take up the role immediately.
Clarke joined Asda in 1992 and worked in roles including store manager, business unit director of categories such as frozen, bakery and produce and retail managing director for Asda’s central division.
Between 2001 and 2005 he had senior roles at Matalan and Iceland before returning to Asda as retail director. He was named Asda’s chief operating officer in 2007.
Bond will now take up his new role as chairman of Asda’s executive committee from today (11 May).
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Details on sales growth for the world's top 215 clothing manufacturers, internet retailing, sales of organic cotton, and Europe's top 10 supplier countries help set the scene for likely changes in the...
The UK government has unveiled what are rapidly becoming known as the biggest spending cuts since the Second World War. ...
Leading retailers, brands and suppliers - including The Jones Group, Macy's, Walmart, VF Corporation and Li & Fung - have joined an industry-wide push to drive the uptake of radio frequency identifica...
UK supermarket giant Asda has announced that Simon King will join the business as its new chief operating officer in January 2011....
Wal-Mart Stores may scale back its bid for Massmart to keep the South African retailer listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange....
A new suite of in plant RFID, care labelling, and price marking solutions has been developed by Cybra Corporation to help apparel manufacturers meet government and retailer mandates....
A six-day strike by nearly 2,000 workers at Taiwanese garment manufacturer Triple VN Company Limited has come to an end after the company's leaders agreed to the workers' demands....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar