CANADA: Wal-Mart appoints Van den Berghe as Canada head
Wal-Mart Canada has appointed Dirk Van den Berghe as its president and CEO.
Van den Berghe joins from Delhaize where he was CEO for the company's Belgium and Luxembourg operations. He will assume the role from 1 August.
The new position is one of a number created by the group's CEO Doug McMillon since taking up his post in February.
He recently named new heads for its e-commerce, Asian and Europe, Middle East and sub-Saharan African operations.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
In order to offset weak growth in North America and Western Europe, multinational apparel chains have been flocking to Mexico since 2012. Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA, the world’s second lar...
Global Online Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descrip...
Online Retail in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also co...
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- Better Cotton Initiative “racing” to 2020 target
- Cotton “too diverse” for fixed sustainability plan
- Three tipping points for RFID in fashion
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launched
- Nike criticised over Vietnam sourcing ethics
- Nepal earthquake prompts Bangladesh factory checks
- Wal-Mart silent on Rana Plaza lawsuit
- Sae-A sets up Costa Rica's first spinning mill