CANADA: Wal-Mart appoints Van den Berghe as Canada head
Wal-Mart Canada has appointed Dirk Van den Berghe as its president and CEO.
Van den Berghe joins from Delhaize where he was CEO for the company's Belgium and Luxembourg operations. He will assume the role from 1 August.
The new position is one of a number created by the group's CEO Doug McMillon since taking up his post in February.
He recently named new heads for its e-commerce, Asian and Europe, Middle East and sub-Saharan African operations.
With its cheaper labour and resources, East Africa has already attracted foreign investment, particularly from Asia - as well as business from major international fashion brands and retailers....
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
For the 2015/2016 fiscal year, Wal-Mart’s key strategic goals include the expansion of its outlet network and the enhancement of its digital retail capabilities. In terms of outlet expansion, the comp...
Sheer hosiery increased by 5% in current value terms and by 2% in volume terms in 2014. Sheer hosiery is a category which predominantly targets at women and includes sheer tights, hold-ups, stockings,...
In order to offset weak growth in North America and Western Europe, multinational apparel chains have been flocking to Mexico since 2012. Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA, the world’s second lar...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects