CANADA: Wal-Mart appoints Van den Berghe as Canada head
Wal-Mart Canada has appointed Dirk Van den Berghe as its president and CEO.
Van den Berghe joins from Delhaize where he was CEO for the company's Belgium and Luxembourg operations. He will assume the role from 1 August.
The new position is one of a number created by the group's CEO Doug McMillon since taking up his post in February.
He recently named new heads for its e-commerce, Asian and Europe, Middle East and sub-Saharan African operations.
With its cheaper labour and resources, East Africa has already attracted foreign investment, particularly from Asia - as well as business from major international fashion brands and retailers....
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
For the 2015/2016 fiscal year, Wal-Mart’s key strategic goals include the expansion of its outlet network and the enhancement of its digital retail capabilities. In terms of outlet expansion, the comp...
Sheer hosiery increased by 5% in current value terms and by 2% in volume terms in 2014. Sheer hosiery is a category which predominantly targets at women and includes sheer tights, hold-ups, stockings,...
In order to offset weak growth in North America and Western Europe, multinational apparel chains have been flocking to Mexico since 2012. Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA, the world’s second lar...
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Clarity on competition law and living wages
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Frustrations come to the fore in Bangladesh
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- US trade agenda back on track
- H&M warns of "negative" impact from dollar
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015