US: Wal-Mart Canada to search for new CEO
US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores is looking for a new CEO to head up its Canadian operations, after promoting Shelley Broader to president and CEO of Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Broader, who has served as president and CEO of Wal-Mart Canada since September 2011, will now lead the company's retail operations and oversee business development in Europe, the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa.
She will continue to have responsibility for the Canadian market until her successor is in place, reporting to Wal-Mart International president and CEO David Cheesewright.
He said Broader is the ideal person to "leverage the tremendous potential the EMEA region holds for our company".
Broader joined Wal-Mart Canada as chief merchandising officer in December 2010.
Wal-Mart operates more than 1,345 retail units in Canada, Sub-Saharan Africa and the UK, employing more than 285,000 people.
Last week, Wal-Mart became the latest retailer to cut hundreds of jobs in Canada in a move aimed at providing "improved service" to its customers and "enhanced career opportunities" for its employees. It has eliminated 750 roles - which make up less than 1% of its Canadian workforce.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
Wal-Mart's South African banner Massmart, revealed a fall in earnings in its second-quarter on the back of a weakened Rand and slowing retail sales....
In 2008, the US-based multinational company Wal-Mart Stores acquired the Chilean hypermarket, supermarket and retail company D&S, which already owned more than 250 stores across the country. Every yea...
Accelerated selling, general and administrative (SG&A) spending is driving retailers into the red, one analyst has said, and could become a key theme over the near term....
Wal-Mart de México SAB de CV is the leading and most influential chained grocery retailer in Mexico. The company’s strategy is based on offering a wide range of products at affordable prices. Conseque...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report