US: Wal-Mart Canada to search for new CEO
US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores is looking for a new CEO to head up its Canadian operations, after promoting Shelley Broader to president and CEO of Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Broader, who has served as president and CEO of Wal-Mart Canada since September 2011, will now lead the company's retail operations and oversee business development in Europe, the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa.
She will continue to have responsibility for the Canadian market until her successor is in place, reporting to Wal-Mart International president and CEO David Cheesewright.
He said Broader is the ideal person to "leverage the tremendous potential the EMEA region holds for our company".
Broader joined Wal-Mart Canada as chief merchandising officer in December 2010.
Wal-Mart operates more than 1,345 retail units in Canada, Sub-Saharan Africa and the UK, employing more than 285,000 people.
Last week, Wal-Mart became the latest retailer to cut hundreds of jobs in Canada in a move aimed at providing "improved service" to its customers and "enhanced career opportunities" for its employees. It has eliminated 750 roles - which make up less than 1% of its Canadian workforce.
With its cheaper labour and resources, East Africa has already attracted foreign investment, particularly from Asia - as well as business from major international fashion brands and retailers....
Baby clothing refers to clothing for infants and toddlers aged between 0 to 36 months. It includes apparel such as outerwear, innerwear, nightwear, socks, and tights designed for babies. The clothes a...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
No other guide covers the complete retail picture like this exciting new volume. The global retail industry is in the midst of vast changes. Malls are being redesigned in the U.S., while new mall co...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras