USA: Wal-Mart Hopes To Reopen Website November 1
The ongoing site renovations to WalMart.com, the online subsidiary of Wal-Mart, are taking longer than anticipated, the company announced yesterday. The site, which temporarily closed October 3 to allow its e-commerce platform to be replaced with a newly acquired and improved system, was tentatively set to reopen October 17, according to a customer service representative. But company spokeswoman Cynthia Lynn said that the actual estimated timeline should have been described as between October 17 and November 1, according to a report in Computerworld magazine. "We are still working with all due diligence," Lynn said. "We are targeting to have the remodelled site live by November 1." Several analysts had questioned Wal-Mart.com's decision to close down for renovations just before the busy holiday shopping season. The company said the work was being done now to make holiday shopping better for its customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective