USA: Wal-Mart Hopes To Reopen Website November 1
The ongoing site renovations to WalMart.com, the online subsidiary of Wal-Mart, are taking longer than anticipated, the company announced yesterday. The site, which temporarily closed October 3 to allow its e-commerce platform to be replaced with a newly acquired and improved system, was tentatively set to reopen October 17, according to a customer service representative. But company spokeswoman Cynthia Lynn said that the actual estimated timeline should have been described as between October 17 and November 1, according to a report in Computerworld magazine. "We are still working with all due diligence," Lynn said. "We are targeting to have the remodelled site live by November 1." Several analysts had questioned Wal-Mart.com's decision to close down for renovations just before the busy holiday shopping season. The company said the work was being done now to make holiday shopping better for its customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report