US: Wal-Mart international CFO Smith to step down
Cathy Smith joined Wal-Mart in 2010
US retail giant Wal-Mart has confirmed its international chief financial officer Cathy Smith is to step down from her role.
Smith, who joined Wal-Mart in 2010, will leave at the end of the month to take a "leadership position" at an unidentified company, a spokesperson told just-style today (13 January).
On Cathy's departure, Brett Biggs, currently EVP and chief financial officer for Wal-Mart US, will join the international division to lead the finance team.
"I would like to personally thank Cathy for the integral role she's played in helping to build a strong international finance team and for her hard work during a time of significant transformation in our division," said Wal-Mart international CEO David Cheesewright in an internal memo.
Prior to joining Wal-Mart, Smith had been executive vice president and CFO at GameStop Corp.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Food and drink internet retailing posted outstanding growth in 2012 and 2013. Working females in urban centres with a busy lifestyle find it convenient and time saving to purchase groceries online. It...
In 2013, mixed retailers registered current value sales growth of 9%, with department stores remaining the key format. The economic slowdown in China negatively impacted mixed retailers. Compared to m...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015