US: Wal-Mart international CFO Smith to step down
Cathy Smith joined Wal-Mart in 2010
US retail giant Wal-Mart has confirmed its international chief financial officer Cathy Smith is to step down from her role.
Smith, who joined Wal-Mart in 2010, will leave at the end of the month to take a "leadership position" at an unidentified company, a spokesperson told just-style today (13 January).
On Cathy's departure, Brett Biggs, currently EVP and chief financial officer for Wal-Mart US, will join the international division to lead the finance team.
"I would like to personally thank Cathy for the integral role she's played in helping to build a strong international finance team and for her hard work during a time of significant transformation in our division," said Wal-Mart international CEO David Cheesewright in an internal memo.
Prior to joining Wal-Mart, Smith had been executive vice president and CFO at GameStop Corp.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 14% in the just-finished fiscal year as political stability returns to the South Asian country....
In 2008, the US-based multinational company Wal-Mart Stores acquired the Chilean hypermarket, supermarket and retail company D&S, which already owned more than 250 stores across the country. Every yea...
Wal-Mart de México SAB de CV is the leading and most influential chained grocery retailer in Mexico. The company’s strategy is based on offering a wide range of products at affordable prices. Conseque...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies