US: Wal-Mart international CFO Smith to step down
Cathy Smith joined Wal-Mart in 2010
US retail giant Wal-Mart has confirmed its international chief financial officer Cathy Smith is to step down from her role.
Smith, who joined Wal-Mart in 2010, will leave at the end of the month to take a "leadership position" at an unidentified company, a spokesperson told just-style today (13 January).
On Cathy's departure, Brett Biggs, currently EVP and chief financial officer for Wal-Mart US, will join the international division to lead the finance team.
"I would like to personally thank Cathy for the integral role she's played in helping to build a strong international finance team and for her hard work during a time of significant transformation in our division," said Wal-Mart international CEO David Cheesewright in an internal memo.
Prior to joining Wal-Mart, Smith had been executive vice president and CFO at GameStop Corp.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Synopsis Canadean's "Jaclyn, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration