US: Wal-Mart international CFO Smith to step down
Cathy Smith joined Wal-Mart in 2010
US retail giant Wal-Mart has confirmed its international chief financial officer Cathy Smith is to step down from her role.
Smith, who joined Wal-Mart in 2010, will leave at the end of the month to take a "leadership position" at an unidentified company, a spokesperson told just-style today (13 January).
On Cathy's departure, Brett Biggs, currently EVP and chief financial officer for Wal-Mart US, will join the international division to lead the finance team.
"I would like to personally thank Cathy for the integral role she's played in helping to build a strong international finance team and for her hard work during a time of significant transformation in our division," said Wal-Mart international CEO David Cheesewright in an internal memo.
Prior to joining Wal-Mart, Smith had been executive vice president and CFO at GameStop Corp.
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Discount retailer Lidl has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile production by 1 January, 2020 - a move that has been welcomed by environmental pressure group Greenpeace....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape