EUROPE & CANADA: Wal-Mart Reshuffle As Leighton Quits
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc, has named Dave Ferguson the new president & CEO of the company's European operations. Ferguson, 55, who has spent the past 4 years overseeing Wal-Mart's successful operations in Canada, replaces Allan Leighton who has decided to leave the company.Leighton, 47, who will remain with Wal-Mart for the next few months to assist in the management transition, played an instrumental role in the development of ASDA and, most recently, in the successful integration of the ASDA and Wal-Mart business practices and cultures.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022