USA: Wal-Mart Sees Stronger September Sales
The world's largest retailer, Wal-Mart Inc, on Monday said September sales are back on track after a disappointing August and it expects same-store sales to rise up to six per cent this month.
The Arkansas-based company, which posted a 3.8 per cent climb in same-store sales last month, added it also sees stronger same-store sales at its Sam's Club division which reported a 1.1 per cent rise in August.
Companies: Wal-Mart Stores Inc
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Will the US and EU impose limits on Chinese apparel exports, or won't they? And does it matter that much anyway? asks Mike Flanagan...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart, has been landed with a lawsuit for allegedly ignoring sweatshop conditions at clothing and toy factories....
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc has posted a 10.2 per cent second-quarter net sales rise, boosted by strong demand for garment lines such as swimsuits and tank tops....
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, has reported a provisional sales increase of approximately 4.5 per cent in June, with better weather encouraging sales of seasonal apparel....
Top global retailer Wal-Mart will soon start work on a CNY100 million footwear logistics centre in the Fujian province of China....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020