PHILIPPINES: Wal-Mart Still Keen On Uniwide
Cash-strapped Uniwide Group of Companies is awaiting the results of a company evaluation conducted by US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores, Inc before the parties enter into formal talks for possible cooperation. A source told Philippines-based BusinessWorld yesterday that Wal-Mart is still interested in Uniwide as a vehicle for its foray in the Philippine retail business. This is contrary to speculations that the US retailer has already junked discussions with Uniwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020