USA: Wal-Mart Style Superstores Banned From Oakland
Councillors on Tuesday voted to ban any "big box" retailer with more than 10,000 square feet of non-taxable sales from opening in the city, which is located just across the bay from San Francisco.
The decision comes as Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, plans to roll-out around 40 super-centres in California over the next four years.
Companies: Wal-Mart Stores Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Will the US and EU impose limits on Chinese apparel exports, or won't they? And does it matter that much anyway? asks Mike Flanagan...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart, has been landed with a lawsuit for allegedly ignoring sweatshop conditions at clothing and toy factories....
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc has posted a 10.2 per cent second-quarter net sales rise, boosted by strong demand for garment lines such as swimsuits and tank tops....
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, has reported a provisional sales increase of approximately 4.5 per cent in June, with better weather encouraging sales of seasonal apparel....
Top global retailer Wal-Mart will soon start work on a CNY100 million footwear logistics centre in the Fujian province of China....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective