US/UK: Wal-Mart takes Asda COO for global strategy role
McKenna takes Wal-Mart global strategy role
McKenna will relocate for her new role in April. The job will involve taking a lead in several areas including strategy, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, integration and purchase leverage.
"She will help define International’s strategic growth, ensuring international markets work more effectively together across the company," said Asda today (11 January).
Asda does not intend to replace McKenna. Instead, her job will be divided between existing employees, to take effect from 28 January.
Mark Ibbotson will promoted to the executive team as retail director. Meanwhile, Karen Hubbard will take on multichannel strategy and Asda Direct, alongside her existing accountability for in-store proposition and retail development. Lastly, CMO Steve Smith will take control of Asda's financial services business.
Finding a cheap and responsive outsourcing option closer to home is increasingly a key option for US and European brands....
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the launch of Nike's new app to help designers focus on sustainability, mounting pressure for Gap and Walmart to join the safety accord, and a loo...
Labour rights groups are continuing to put pressure on retail giants Gap and Walmart to join the Bangladesh Safety Accord, with weekend demonstrations organised outside their stores in 35 cities acros...
US retail giant Wal-Mart has announced that Raj Jain, president of its Indian business, has left the company after six years in the post and will be replaced by Ramnik Narsey....
UK clothing retailers saw sales declines slow during June, as footwear and leather retailers reported strong growth, according to the results of the latest survey released by the Confederation of Brit...
The Source Summit is set to bring together leaders from retailers, brands and suppliers that are driving the sustainability agenda forward. ...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry