CANADA: Wal-Mart to create 4,000 jobs
- Wal-Mart Stores Canada is to create 4,000 new jobs this year
Wal-Mart Stores Canada has announced it will create 4,000 jobs this year, in a bid to support the company's growth plans.
As a result of the job creations, Wal-Mart Canada will employ 94,000 staff by January 2013.
The news forms part of the company's announcement in February to complete at least 73 projects, including building new stores, expanding and remodelling or relocating existing stores in its current fiscal year, which runs to 31 January 2013.
Walmart Canada Launches Hiring Spree
• 47 hiring centres are being opened across Canada
• 4,000 new associate jobs to be created this year
• 94,000 associates will be employed at Walmart Canada by January 31, 2013
Mississauga, ON, June 25, 2012 – Today Walmart Canada announced the opening of 47 hiring centres across the country to support the company’s unprecedented growth plans and hiring for new talent. By January 31, 2013, the company plans to complete at least 73 projects including building new stores and expanding, remodelling or relocating existing stores. Included in the projects are most of the 39 former Zellers stores for which Walmart Canada purchased leasehold rights in June 2011 and which will reopen as Walmart stores in this fiscal year.
“We are extremely excited to be adding more than 4,000 new associates to our team,” said Bob Hakeem, senior vice president, People, Walmart Canada. Walmart is a company where associates have a genuine passion to help Canadians save money so they can live better. We are a company that works with communities to improve the world we live in, where diversity is expected and inclusion the norm. Whether you are looking for a career in retail or a part time job, we want to hear from you.”
Walmart Canada pharmacies are also in the midst of a significant hiring phase. “We have already hired many pharmacy associates that previously worked for Zellers and are looking to fill additional positions,” said Eric Muir, senior vice president, Health and Wellness, Walmart Canada.
Walmart Canada has already hired 900 new associates this year from sales associates to managers for new positions in its stores across the country, to field operations and Home Office positions, and will staff an additional 3,100 new positions. By January 31, 2013, 94,000 associates will be employed at Walmart Canada.
Anyone interested in speaking to someone about opportunities at Walmart Canada can visitwww.walmartcanada.ca/careers or contact their local Walmart directly. Store contact information can be found at www.walmart.ca.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of discount stores and supercentres with more than 330 locations nationwide serving more than one million customers each day. With nearly 90,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is recognized by Waterstone Human Capital as having one of Canada's top 10 corporate cultures. Walmart Canada is focused on helping Canadian families in need. Since 1994, Walmart has donated and raised more than $160 million to Canadian charities and not-for-profit organizations.
For more information contact:
Original source: http://walmartcanada.ca/Pages/Press%20Releases/Article/169/188/120
US brands and retailers were baling out of Bangladesh even before the fire at the Tazreen Fashion factory killed more than 110 people at the end of last month. And given the subsequent criticism aimed...
Among the most-read comment articles on just-style this year were a look at China's competitiveness and the sourcing potential of Bangladesh and Burma, as well as the challenges facing retailers inclu...
In the wake of recent factory fires in Bangladesh and Pakistan that have killed hundreds of workers, a US-based labour rights group has accused apparel buyers of hiding problems identified in audits....
Activists are to stage candlelight vigils at Edinburgh Woollen Mill stores across the UK this week, urging the retailer to pay compensation to the victims and families of those killed and injured in t...
A group of US lawmakers is calling on President Barack Obama to take action in the wake of the recent fire in Bangladesh to ensure that clothing imported into the US - particularly products for the mi...
The most read stories on just-style this week include clothing and children's footwear boosting UK retail sales in November, a look at where the Tazreen fire leaves Bangladesh, and Reebok announcing i...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report