USA: Wal-Mart To Step Up Expansion In 2005
Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, has revealed details of an aggressive expansion plan that will see it opening or expanding up to 295 stores in the US next year.
The Bentonville, Ark.-based company on Monday said it will open or expand 40 to 45 discount stores and 240 to 250 Supercenters which sell groceries as well as household items and clothing.
Internationally, Wal-Mart said it expects to open 155 to 165 new stores.
The expansion plan will result in an extra 8 per cent of new retail space and will start at the beginning of the company's next fiscal year on 1 February 2005.
Companies: Wal-Mart Stores Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Will the US and EU impose limits on Chinese apparel exports, or won't they? And does it matter that much anyway? asks Mike Flanagan...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart, has been landed with a lawsuit for allegedly ignoring sweatshop conditions at clothing and toy factories....
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc has posted a 10.2 per cent second-quarter net sales rise, boosted by strong demand for garment lines such as swimsuits and tank tops....
The world's top retailer, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, has reported a provisional sales increase of approximately 4.5 per cent in June, with better weather encouraging sales of seasonal apparel....
Top global retailer Wal-Mart will soon start work on a CNY100 million footwear logistics centre in the Fujian province of China....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report