CHINA: Wal-Mart's Expansion Continues In China
A members-only store, funded by Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, opened in Southwest China on July 27. Called Sam's Club, the store is only open to shoppers with membership cards, Asia Pulse reported. Wal-Mart opened its first Sam's Club store and shopping plaza in Shenzhen in 1996. Shenzhen, in Guangdong Province, is one of the country's first special economic zones.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth