USA: Wal-Mart's June Sales Jump 11% To $24.6bn
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc on Thursday posted a 2.7 per cent rise in June same-store sales and added total sales for last month jumped 11.1 per cent to $24.6 billion from $22.1bn in the year-ago period. The Arkansas-based operator of more than 4,500 stores said its Wal-Mart division enjoyed a 2.4 per cent rise in comparable sales with total sales at the unit in the five weeks to July 4 up 9.5 per cent year-on-year to $15.2bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Brands urged to empower women in sub-Sahara Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective