USA: Wal-Mart's June Sales Jump 11% To $24.6bn
Retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc on Thursday posted a 2.7 per cent rise in June same-store sales and added total sales for last month jumped 11.1 per cent to $24.6 billion from $22.1bn in the year-ago period. The Arkansas-based operator of more than 4,500 stores said its Wal-Mart division enjoyed a 2.4 per cent rise in comparable sales with total sales at the unit in the five weeks to July 4 up 9.5 per cent year-on-year to $15.2bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022