SOUTH KOREA: WalMart Looking To Move Into Masan City
City officials in Masan South Korea have revealed that WalMart has applied for permission to build a new hypermarket in the city. The 5,600 sq m site should be open sometime in 2002, but no exact date could be given due to US investor protection laws. Masan city has already attracted some big name stores to the region including Shinsegae Masan Department Store, Samsung Tesco and Homeplus and its hoped the arrival of WalMart will bring more trade their way as well.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth