US: Walmart opens office for Latinoamerica region
Wal-Mart Stores Inc has opened new headquarters in South Florida for the company's Latin America operations, and named former Wal-Mart de Mexico boss as its regional president and CEO.
Eduardo Solorzano, who headed Wal-Mart de Mexico SAB from early 2005, said the office in Miami will help in-country operations speed their decision-making as they expand their business in the region.
“By leveraging Walmart's energy as both a global retailer and purchaser, we enable individual Walmart stores to deliver lower prices and better value to consumers,” he added.
Walmart operates in nine countries in Latinoamerica, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A seminar at last week's Outdoor Retailer trade show in Salt Lake City tackled the subject of 'Returning to America'. Moderator Mike Todaro, managing director of the AAPNetwork, a non-profit supply ch...
Far from quelling months of violent protests over pay and conditions, an 80% rise in the minimum wage for garment workers in Bangladesh has simply led to a fresh wave of violence over claims it still ...
Apparel maker Tefron has halved its second quarter loss, despite declining sales....
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, today (17 August) raised its full-year profit target despite seeing US sales fall again during its second quarter....
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective