US: Walmart opens office for Latinoamerica region
Wal-Mart Stores Inc has opened new headquarters in South Florida for the company's Latin America operations, and named former Wal-Mart de Mexico boss as its regional president and CEO.
Eduardo Solorzano, who headed Wal-Mart de Mexico SAB from early 2005, said the office in Miami will help in-country operations speed their decision-making as they expand their business in the region.
“By leveraging Walmart's energy as both a global retailer and purchaser, we enable individual Walmart stores to deliver lower prices and better value to consumers,” he added.
Walmart operates in nine countries in Latinoamerica, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua.
A seminar at last week's Outdoor Retailer trade show in Salt Lake City tackled the subject of 'Returning to America'. Moderator Mike Todaro, managing director of the AAPNetwork, a non-profit supply ch...
Far from quelling months of violent protests over pay and conditions, an 80% rise in the minimum wage for garment workers in Bangladesh has simply led to a fresh wave of violence over claims it still ...
Apparel maker Tefron has halved its second quarter loss, despite declining sales....
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, today (17 August) raised its full-year profit target despite seeing US sales fall again during its second quarter....
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022