NEW ZEALAND: Warehouse Store Union Reports Low Take-Up
A union set up by New Zealand store chain Warehouse, allegedly to keep another union out of the store group, has failed to recruit many members. News reports say the Warehouse People Union (WPU) has only signed up around 1,000 members - around 20 per cent of the workforce. The National Distribution Union said WPU had succeeded in keeping the NDU out of The Warehouse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth