JAPAN: Warmer weather lifts Uniqlo March sales
Uniqlo saw same-store sales edge up 0.6% in March
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo saw sales at its Japanese stores climb in March, after warmer weather during the middle of the month kick started sales of spring garments.
The Fast Retailing-owned chain said same-store sales edged up 0.6% in March, compared to the same period last year.
Sales at Uniqlo's own stores, which include new ones that are less than a year old, grew 4.4%. Total sales, including online, increased 4.2%.
The company opened 12 new stores in March, and closed six.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
Uniqlo Singapore Pte Ltd strives to create world-class products of the highest quality. Its emphasis on quality led to various collaborations with companies such as TORAY to produce comfortable yet af...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020