JAPAN: Warmer weather lifts Uniqlo March sales
Uniqlo saw same-store sales edge up 0.6% in March
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo saw sales at its Japanese stores climb in March, after warmer weather during the middle of the month kick started sales of spring garments.
The Fast Retailing-owned chain said same-store sales edged up 0.6% in March, compared to the same period last year.
Sales at Uniqlo's own stores, which include new ones that are less than a year old, grew 4.4%. Total sales, including online, increased 4.2%.
The company opened 12 new stores in March, and closed six.
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
Apparel Retail in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
Apparel Retail in Indonesia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile als...
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement
- UK apparel market realising real benefits of RFID