JAPAN: Warmer weather lifts Uniqlo March sales
Uniqlo saw same-store sales edge up 0.6% in March
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo saw sales at its Japanese stores climb in March, after warmer weather during the middle of the month kick started sales of spring garments.
The Fast Retailing-owned chain said same-store sales edged up 0.6% in March, compared to the same period last year.
Sales at Uniqlo's own stores, which include new ones that are less than a year old, grew 4.4%. Total sales, including online, increased 4.2%.
The company opened 12 new stores in March, and closed six.
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
Apparel Retail in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
Apparel Retail in Indonesia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile als...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals