USA: Warnaco Names Garvey CIO
Garvey, the former CIO of partnership marketing company Memberworks, will take global responsibility for planning and directing Warnaco's information systems in the role.
Warnaco CFO Lawrence Rutkowski said Garvey's technological experience would help to improve the company's performance.
"Michelle possesses the necessary blend of industry and IT experience to support our advancement of a fully integrated shared service platform," Rutkowski said.
"We continue to look for opportunities to improve performance and enhance efficiency, and look forward to Michelle's contributions in meeting those objectives through better use of technology."
Prior to joining Memberworks, Garvey held key IT roles with Brooks Brothers, Ames Department Stsores and Arthur Anderson.
Companies: Warnaco Group Inc
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras