USA: Warnaco Names Garvey CIO
Garvey, the former CIO of partnership marketing company Memberworks, will take global responsibility for planning and directing Warnaco's information systems in the role.
Warnaco CFO Lawrence Rutkowski said Garvey's technological experience would help to improve the company's performance.
"Michelle possesses the necessary blend of industry and IT experience to support our advancement of a fully integrated shared service platform," Rutkowski said.
"We continue to look for opportunities to improve performance and enhance efficiency, and look forward to Michelle's contributions in meeting those objectives through better use of technology."
Prior to joining Memberworks, Garvey held key IT roles with Brooks Brothers, Ames Department Stsores and Arthur Anderson.
Companies: Warnaco Inc
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide