USA: Warnaco Names Garvey CIO
Garvey, the former CIO of partnership marketing company Memberworks, will take global responsibility for planning and directing Warnaco's information systems in the role.
Warnaco CFO Lawrence Rutkowski said Garvey's technological experience would help to improve the company's performance.
"Michelle possesses the necessary blend of industry and IT experience to support our advancement of a fully integrated shared service platform," Rutkowski said.
"We continue to look for opportunities to improve performance and enhance efficiency, and look forward to Michelle's contributions in meeting those objectives through better use of technology."
Prior to joining Memberworks, Garvey held key IT roles with Brooks Brothers, Ames Department Stsores and Arthur Anderson.
Companies: Warnaco Inc
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015