USA: Warnaco Names Garvey CIO
Garvey, the former CIO of partnership marketing company Memberworks, will take global responsibility for planning and directing Warnaco's information systems in the role.
Warnaco CFO Lawrence Rutkowski said Garvey's technological experience would help to improve the company's performance.
"Michelle possesses the necessary blend of industry and IT experience to support our advancement of a fully integrated shared service platform," Rutkowski said.
"We continue to look for opportunities to improve performance and enhance efficiency, and look forward to Michelle's contributions in meeting those objectives through better use of technology."
Prior to joining Memberworks, Garvey held key IT roles with Brooks Brothers, Ames Department Stsores and Arthur Anderson.
Companies: Warnaco Group Inc
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis