USA: Warnaco Posts $20.2m Q1 Income
The New York-based company, which emerged from bankruptcy in February 2003, also reported net revenues of $393.3m for the quarter, up from $313.3m in the comparable two-month period last year.
"We are proud of our many strategic and operational achievements during the quarter," CEO Joseph Gromek said.
"Our diversified and dynamic operating model proved successful as we met most of our goals, demonstrated by, among other things, our improved brand positioning and product successes."
For the quarter, Warnaco reported better-than-expected performances in its Calvin Klein underwear and jeans divisions, as well as within its swimwear unit.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective