US: Warnaco Q3 profit drops on sliding revenue
- Q3 net profit down 15.8% to US$41.1m
- Revenues fall 5% to $611.5m
- Comparable store sales “relatively flat”
An increase in swimwear revenues for the owner of the Speedo brand was offset by declines in sportswear and intimate apparel.
Meanwhile, revenue growth in Latin America and Asia came as Europe experienced a slight decline, and direct-to-consumer revenues rose 5%.
The company expects full-year revenues to be flat to down 2%, while diluted earnings per share are predicted to reach $4.00-4.15.
“Our third quarter results reflect the efforts of our team to efficiently operate our global business,” said Helen McCluskey, Warnaco president and CEO.
“Gross margin expansion and expense discipline more than offset a decline in net revenues, driven primarily by the impact of currency and macro challenges.”
Labour rights groups and unions have stepped up their calls for urgent action to improve worker health and safety in Bangladesh's ready-made garment industry, as the death toll from the collapsed Rana...
Consensus among industry executives seems clear that China's many advantages mean it will continue to be key to apparel sourcing strategies - despite its rising prices, labour issues, and government p...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
Warnaco buyer PVH has expressed surprise at the lack of investment in operating platforms following its acquisition of the company. ...
PVH has entered a distribution partnership with department store operator Hudson's Bay to sell its Tommy Hilfiger women's wear line in its stores. ...
Apparel group PVH Corporation has raised its first-quarter forecasts on the back of higher-than-expected wholesale shipments and certain tax benefits....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry