US: Warnaco Q3 profit drops on sliding revenue
- Q3 net profit down 15.8% to US$41.1m
- Revenues fall 5% to $611.5m
- Comparable store sales “relatively flat”
An increase in swimwear revenues for the owner of the Speedo brand was offset by declines in sportswear and intimate apparel.
Meanwhile, revenue growth in Latin America and Asia came as Europe experienced a slight decline, and direct-to-consumer revenues rose 5%.
The company expects full-year revenues to be flat to down 2%, while diluted earnings per share are predicted to reach $4.00-4.15.
“Our third quarter results reflect the efforts of our team to efficiently operate our global business,” said Helen McCluskey, Warnaco president and CEO.
“Gross margin expansion and expense discipline more than offset a decline in net revenues, driven primarily by the impact of currency and macro challenges.”
Labour rights groups and unions have stepped up their calls for urgent action to improve worker health and safety in Bangladesh's ready-made garment industry, as the death toll from the collapsed Rana...
Consensus among industry executives seems clear that China's many advantages mean it will continue to be key to apparel sourcing strategies - despite its rising prices, labour issues, and government p...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
Warnaco buyer PVH has expressed surprise at the lack of investment in operating platforms following its acquisition of the company. ...
PVH has entered a distribution partnership with department store operator Hudson's Bay to sell its Tommy Hilfiger women's wear line in its stores. ...
Apparel group PVH Corporation has raised its first-quarter forecasts on the back of higher-than-expected wholesale shipments and certain tax benefits....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras