USA: Warnaco Q3 Up On Gross Profit, Restructuring
Apparel maker Warnaco Group has reported a third-quarter profit hike, boosted by better gross profit and restructuring effects.
Warnaco said third-quarter net income totalled $6.9 million compared with $1.6m last year, while sales rose to $327.7m from $324.4m a year ago.
President and chief executive officer Joe Gromek said: "Our merchandising and margin strategies contributed to strong results for us this quarter. Our brands were well received, with notable strength in Chaps and Calvin Klein jeans and underwear.
"We also saw a significant increase in profitability resulting in part from increases in full-price sales, declines in off-price sales, the strength of our international businesses and the realisation of initial benefits from the sourcing initiatives we implemented in 2004."
Swimwear group revenues outpaced the prior year period and offset slight revenue declines in the sportswear and intimate apparel groups, the company said.
Warnaco is a leading apparel company engaged in the business of designing, marketing and selling intimate apparel, menswear, jeans wear, swimwear, men's and women's sportswear and accessories.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective