USA: Wayne Elsey named CEO of Nautilus Footwear
Nautilus Footwear announced today that Wayne Elsey has been promoted to CEO/president. Elsey joined Nautilus in 1998. Prior to Nautilus, he held senior positions at EJ Footwear, Iron Age, Lake of the Woods and Stride Rite Corporation."It is exciting to be on the point here because Nautilus itself is on the leading edge of the most important transition in the safety footwear industry," commented Elsey. "We've said it all along, good footwear not only protects the foot from harm, it protects the entire body. Now the entire safety industry is beginning to recognise that as we provide excellent shock absorption and support we can reduce fatigue and injury throughout the body."The Nautilus commitment to ergonomic design is continually being rewarded in the industry. Nautilus was recently named America's fastest growing safety shoe company, and will end the year with over 100 per cent sales increase over last year. "Our worldwide distribution continues to get stronger," added Elsey.Wayne's experience and previous success in the safety shoe industry, combined with his commitment to ergonomic design make him uniquely qualified as Nautilus heads into an era of rapid growth."We have a solid team that is just as passionate about ergonomics as I am. That's what makes it fun every day. To know we're out front on this and to know we've got a team that can take this vision and make it a huge success in the market," added Elsey.Nautilus Footwear makes ergonomically designed, occupational footwear, offering true athletic technology and workplace performance features.For more information on Nautilus Footwear, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack