USA: Wayne Elsey named CEO of Nautilus Footwear
Nautilus Footwear announced today that Wayne Elsey has been promoted to CEO/president. Elsey joined Nautilus in 1998. Prior to Nautilus, he held senior positions at EJ Footwear, Iron Age, Lake of the Woods and Stride Rite Corporation."It is exciting to be on the point here because Nautilus itself is on the leading edge of the most important transition in the safety footwear industry," commented Elsey. "We've said it all along, good footwear not only protects the foot from harm, it protects the entire body. Now the entire safety industry is beginning to recognise that as we provide excellent shock absorption and support we can reduce fatigue and injury throughout the body."The Nautilus commitment to ergonomic design is continually being rewarded in the industry. Nautilus was recently named America's fastest growing safety shoe company, and will end the year with over 100 per cent sales increase over last year. "Our worldwide distribution continues to get stronger," added Elsey.Wayne's experience and previous success in the safety shoe industry, combined with his commitment to ergonomic design make him uniquely qualified as Nautilus heads into an era of rapid growth."We have a solid team that is just as passionate about ergonomics as I am. That's what makes it fun every day. To know we're out front on this and to know we've got a team that can take this vision and make it a huge success in the market," added Elsey.Nautilus Footwear makes ergonomically designed, occupational footwear, offering true athletic technology and workplace performance features.For more information on Nautilus Footwear, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022