UK: Weak Euro Hits UK Clothing
The textile and clothing industry is one of the biggest casualities of the strength of the pound against the Euro, and of the flight of high-street retailers to seek overseas suppliers, according to the latest Corporate Health Check by business research firm Experian.The report says profitability, margins and productivity have all fallen consistently over the last three years, with the sector lying at, or very close to, the bottom of the industrial rankings for the key profitability ratios.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth