FRANCE: Weak European Markets Hit Chargeurs' Results
French textile group Chargeurs SA has cited weak consumer demand in several European countries for a 10 per cent year-on-year fall in first quarter revenue to $244.3 million.
In a statement, the company said the German market was the main offender. Chargeurs registered a $41.9m net profit in 2001 compared to $47.3m in the previous year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022