UK: Weather Ruffles Peacock Feathers, Sees FY Growth
Discount clothing retailer The Peacock Group Plc on Wednesday posted a steep plunge in first half profit but said current trading was brisk and it expects to enjoy full-year sales and profit growth. The Cardiff-based operator of 350 stores said unseasonal weather and costs associated with its recent acquisition of apparel chain Bon Marche helped push its six-month profit down 31 per cent to £4 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores