AUSTRALIA: Website Wakes Up Sleepwear Company's Sales
Mail order sleepwear company, Peter Alexander, said today that its newly-launched website has generated over $280,000 in sales - about 15 per cent of total revenue - since its launch on October 9.Founded 12 years ago and acquired by Just Jeans in February this year, Peter Alexander distributes quarterly catalogues to around 70,000 customers. The website was relaunched to coincide with the publication of its Summer catalogue.Just Jeans managing director Howard McDonald said that the website was expanding Peter Alexander's website rather than picking up existing clients: "Around 50 per cent of online sales revenue has so far come from new customers not on our mailing list. The website has allowed us to tap into a new market," he said."The site did more business in the first 10 days than for the entire three month run of the previous catalogue," he added.Mr McDonald said he expected the website to comfortably achieve profitability. "Set-up costs were relatively minor as we were able to make use of Just Jeans' existing technology, know-how and fulfilment infrastructure. Processing costs are also minimal as the website is fully-automated. Orders are automatically processed through Just Jeans' inventory system and dispatched from our Altona distribution centre," he said.The company plans to launch another website in New Zealand soon. It will be based on the Australian model and would make similar use of Just Jeans' existing infrastructure in New Zealand.For more information, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022