CHINA: Weiqiao Textile Says IPO To Fund Expansion Drive
The firm, which makes items for businesses such as Fountain Set (Holdings) Ltd and Texwinca Holdings Ltd, will use most of the proceeds from this month’s float for boosting and upgrading its production capacity.
Weiqiao, which also makes denim fabric, said it will boost its annual production capacity of cotton yarn to 441,000 tons from the current 265,000 tons as part of its expansion drive.
It added it sees a full year net profit before exceptional items of at least 520 million yuan ($63m) compared to 108.2 million yuan ($13m) in the previous fiscal year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar