UK: Welbeck Focuses On Outerwear With New Appointment
Welbeck Fabrics has appointed Sue Edgar to head up the outerwear sales team - a strategic move that reflects the determination of the company to grow this important area of the business.Sue Edgar said: "I have always admired Welbeck Fabrics and their dynamic approach. Returning to the international sales arena at this competitive time is an exciting challenge and provides an opportunity to build the outerwear market into a major part of the business."Ms Edgar has had considerable experience in the textile industry, working with a number of mainstream fabric producers with responsibilities for sales, marketing, and design. Her knowledge of inner and outerwear fabrics has contributed to a wide understanding of the international ladies, mens, and childrenswear markets.Robert Brown, MD of Welbeck Fabrics, said: We are delighted that Sue Edgar has joined us. She brings extensive experience in the outerwear sector and her appointment reflects the importance we place on this key market. It is a relatively new area for us as our concentration has, until recently, been mainly in the lingerie and innerwear areas. Now as Welbeck completes its first decade our development programme includes the launch of a number of fabric ranges designed to appeal to customers wanting dress, tops, skirts, and trouser fabrics. This is the first in a number of steps to widen our customer and product base."Dr Richard Moule retains global responsibility for sales to the lingerie and innerwear markets.For more information about Welbeck Fabrics, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022