UK: Welbeck Focuses On Outerwear With New Appointment
Welbeck Fabrics has appointed Sue Edgar to head up the outerwear sales team - a strategic move that reflects the determination of the company to grow this important area of the business.Sue Edgar said: "I have always admired Welbeck Fabrics and their dynamic approach. Returning to the international sales arena at this competitive time is an exciting challenge and provides an opportunity to build the outerwear market into a major part of the business."Ms Edgar has had considerable experience in the textile industry, working with a number of mainstream fabric producers with responsibilities for sales, marketing, and design. Her knowledge of inner and outerwear fabrics has contributed to a wide understanding of the international ladies, mens, and childrenswear markets.Robert Brown, MD of Welbeck Fabrics, said: We are delighted that Sue Edgar has joined us. She brings extensive experience in the outerwear sector and her appointment reflects the importance we place on this key market. It is a relatively new area for us as our concentration has, until recently, been mainly in the lingerie and innerwear areas. Now as Welbeck completes its first decade our development programme includes the launch of a number of fabric ranges designed to appeal to customers wanting dress, tops, skirts, and trouser fabrics. This is the first in a number of steps to widen our customer and product base."Dr Richard Moule retains global responsibility for sales to the lingerie and innerwear markets.For more information about Welbeck Fabrics, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report