US: Wellco lands army boot contract
Military boot maker Wellco said it is one of two contract awardees for the development of the US Army Modular Boot System.
The award was the result of Wellco's response to the Modular Boot System solicitation that required submission of data and product demonstration models illustrating Wellco's concept of the modular boot system.
Presently, the military's Department of Defense buys four different boot styles to meet the varied climatic conditions encountered by military personnel.
The contract's goal is to develop a functional boot system to provide comfort in a broad temperature range temperature range.
If successful, the new Modular Boot System would replace many, if not all, of the current boot styles.
The Department of Defense has placed its first order under this contract for 580 pairs of the Modular Boot System.
The estimated contract price for this first order is US$ 93,960 with a delivery date of March 2006. This first order of boots will be evaluated, and if successful, additional production of the Modular Boot System will be ordered for expanded testing.
If the Wellco Modular Boot System is successful through all phases of development and testing, the contract provides for Wellco to manufacture 160,000 pairs of this boot for issuance to military personnel.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Specialist boots company Wellco Enterprises appointed Lee Ferguson as president, chief executive officer and member of the company's board of directors as of today (20 March)....
Military shoe maker Wellco said David Lutz, its chief executive, chairman, president and chief operating officer, has left the positions....
Wellco Enterprises has seen a fall in sales and earnings for its second quarter having been hit by problems with one of its suppliers....
Military shoe maker Wellco Enterprises has reported a $646,000 net loss for the first quarter of 2006 on a previously reported quality problem and slide in orders....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022