UK: Welsh promoted to Oasis product director
Walsh will be responsible for buying and product merchandising
Oasis buying director Sarah Welsh has been promoted to the newly-created role of product director, just-style has been told.
In this role, Welsh will be accountable for buying and product merchandising and will continue to work with the group's design director Clive Reeve.
Separately, the fashion retailer's merchandise director Richard Hindley is to leave at the end of March and will not be replaced, a spokesperson for Oasis told just-style.
Last year, Aurora Fashions revealed a major restructure of its business, with plans to spin off the Oasis and Warehouse brands under a new company called Fresh Channel.
Coast, meanwhile, is in the process of becoming a standalone entity under CEO Kate Bostock - the former head of general merchandise at Marks & Spencer.
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
Fashion retailer H&M is to impose stricter requirements on the use of short-term, fixed duration contracts for workers at its supplier factories after acknowledging their use restricts worker rights....
A question mark continues to hang over Marks & Spencer's clothing performance after the retailer recorded its ninth consecutive quarterly decline in like-for-like general merchandise sales - despite t...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019