UK: Welsh promoted to Oasis product director
Walsh will be responsible for buying and product merchandising
Oasis buying director Sarah Welsh has been promoted to the newly-created role of product director, just-style has been told.
In this role, Welsh will be accountable for buying and product merchandising and will continue to work with the group's design director Clive Reeve.
Separately, the fashion retailer's merchandise director Richard Hindley is to leave at the end of March and will not be replaced, a spokesperson for Oasis told just-style.
Last year, Aurora Fashions revealed a major restructure of its business, with plans to spin off the Oasis and Warehouse brands under a new company called Fresh Channel.
Coast, meanwhile, is in the process of becoming a standalone entity under CEO Kate Bostock - the former head of general merchandise at Marks & Spencer.
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
Fashion retailer H&M is to impose stricter requirements on the use of short-term, fixed duration contracts for workers at its supplier factories after acknowledging their use restricts worker rights....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015