INDONESIA: West Malaysian Garment Firms Seek Staff In Indonesia
Garment manufacturers in West Malaysia have approached employment agencies in Indonesia seeking hundreds of workers to fill their factories, Antara reported today. Sukaedi, a director of PT Mitra Kencana Prasetya, said Thursday his company had recently received a letter from the garment companies requesting to be supplied with workers from Indonesia. He said that he plans to send a representative to Kota Bikit Martajam, where the companies are based to collect more detailed information.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth